Friday, January 15, 2010

Multiplayer...

Okay I know I am going to offend some people with this.

I hate multiplayer only games. Don't get me wrong I like Battlefield 1943 but I hate that it is only a multiplayer game. Socom and Warhawk are really good games but I wished they had a single player campaign to go with it. I love to play through a story and stuff. If you look at Unreal Tournament 3 (I love UT3 it is one of my favorite games.), it has a single player campaign that teaches you the game and gets you ready for online play. Also, it also has offline bots! I will say the single player campaign kind of sucks on UT3 but I love having something to do offline when my internet is down or whatever it is. Whenever the servers for the games are taken down what is there to play in most of these games?

I know people are going to hate me for this but I will give a game comparison. Look at the top multiplayer games. Call of a Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Halo 3, Left 4 dead 2, and Killzone 2. They all have a solid single player aspect to it for people that do not have friends or an internet connection at home but still want to experience the game.

Another thing I hate about multiplayer is the fact that people are making trophies/achievements multiplayer tied. If I want to get all my point in a 360 game or a platinum trophy on PS3 I have to play online to get it. What about the people without an internet connection that would like to have a complete game. I see that sometimes these things are a good thing but don't make people go head over heel to do crazy things online.

-Ishmeal Hosein

No comments:

Post a Comment